MTC Optics King Cobra 4-16 x 50 F2. New to the MTC Optics range is the King Cobra 4-16×50 F2. This super-clear and bright scope comes adorned with luxurious appointments throughout, not least its copper embellishments that affirm MTC’s premium status in the optics world.
The first in a series of new King Cobra products being launched this year, the 4-16×50 F2 sports distinctive copper-coloured accents, including a front band, side plates and a stylish new copper-coloured MTC Optics logo.
As usual with all MTC scopes, the King Cobra 4-16 x 50 F2 features MTC’s SCB2 multi-aimpoint reticle. Set in the second focal plane (SFP), it ensures plenty of aimpoints to counter trajectory and windage deviation without obscuring the target.
To maintain a bright sight picture, the F2’s 30mm tube has been matched to a high-quality, 50mm objective lens that’s been specially coated to maximise light-to-eye transmission for a bright, clear image on every zoom setting. The centre of the reticle can be illuminated red, to one of six brightness levels to suit any lighting scenario, this scope sees the day long after the sun has dipped below the horizon!
The new scope also features click-stop adjustment in MILs (1 click =1cm at 100m), actuated via lockable, finger-adjustable elevation and windage turrets.
Of relevance to airgunners is this scope’s ability to parallax down to just 10 metres via a smooth sidewheel. And in common with many other MTC Optics models, the King Cobra 4-16×50 F2 comes complete with a set of magnetic flip covers, the rear one of which contains a 2x magnifier to help shooters read the parallax and turret verniers.
- Second Focal Plane reticle: offers multiple aim points without obscuring the target.
- Glass-etched crosshair: design exclusive to MTC Optics
- Edge-to-edge multi-coated lenses: bright, clear picture quality
- Side parallax adjustment: eliminates parallax error and assists in range-finding
- 10-metre minimum focus: suitable for airgun use and ultra-close-range shooting
- Reticle illumination: assists with tricky background and lighting scenarios
- 30mm body tube: more substantial build quality and light transmission
- Magnetic, rotating flip-up lens cover: fast and practical protection for lenses when in the field
- Fully water, fog and shock proof: increases longevity of the scope
- Nitrogen purged: internal regulation of scope’s high-end performance